I am not offering classes at this time.
Prefer not to take a group class? I'm happy to sit down with you one-on-one to address your specific interests and needs. Before we meet, we'll discuss exactly what kind of information and strategies you're looking for so that I can tailor our meeting to you!
Meetings are between three and four hours – typically an afternoon or a couple of evenings – and will take place at a mutually convenient location.
Do you think of Lamaze® and think of hee-hee-hoos? Think again!
I am proud to be a Lamaze®-trained childbirth educator. Lamaze® is one of the oldest and most trusted names in childbirth education, but it's changed a lot since it first started in the 1950s.
Lamaze® isn't a breathing technique; it's an evidence-based approach to childbirth that emphasizes birth as a natural and normal life event. So when students learn about natural childbirth using Lamaze® methods, they are learning the most up-to-date information that science and research have to offer. That means students are getting the tools they need to make good, informed choices when it comes to their personal childbirth experiences.
Lamaze® promotes six basic practices for a healthy birth:
- Let labor begin on its own.
- Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor.
- Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support.
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary.
- Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push.
- Keep mother and baby together – it's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding.
Lamaze® also offers many valuable resources for new and expecting parents on their website. Check out www.lamaze.org for more information.