Hello, Baby! Birth Doula Services
I am not currently taking doula clients. If you are looking for doula services in the Northeast Wisconsin area, I highly recommend looking at the Northeast Wisconsin Doula Collective. You can visit their website at www.newdoulacollective.org
- Initial interview (Free): At the initial meeting, we’ll have a chance to chat and see if we’re a good fit. There is absolutely no obligation to hire me. In fact, I encourage you to interview a few different doulas so you know you’re hiring the woman who is the best fit for your family.
- Consultation: Once you’ve decided to hire me, we will meet to discuss your birth in more detail. We’ll discuss your birth plan, comfort strategies that you think you’ll want to use in labor, etc. This meeting usually takes about an hour.
- Additional meetings and/or phone calls as needed: Every couple has different needs. If you need extra support or would like another meeting to practice comfort techniques, then I’m happy to meet with you. If you feel satisfied after the initial consultation, then that’s OK, too.
Labor and Delivery
- I will be on-call beginning two weeks prior to your due date until the birth.
- I will offer continuous labor support beginning when you want it, which includes coming to your home for early labor until you decide to leave for the hospital or birth center. I will need to get childcare arranged for my son, so I can join you within one to two hours of notification (if you live in the Green Bay area).
- I will stay at your home, the hospital, or the birth center with you for the remainder of labor and delivery and up to two hours postpartum. If a special situation arises that requires me to stay longer, I will do my best to accommodate that.
- I will meet with you at a mutually convenient time after the birth to discuss the birth, baby care, and your transition as parents.
- I will provide you with a summary of the labor and delivery.
If I miss the birth due to my own error, I will provide you with a full refund.
If I miss the birth due to a precipitous labor (less than three hours), I will refund you half of your fee. (The other half of the fee will cover the prenatal meetings, on-call time, and postpartum support.)
Please contact me to set up a free initial meeting. Even if you’re just learning about doulas or looking for some information, I would love to meet with you.
Phone: (920) 391-8638